Get Married with Peace of Mind.
Nobody wants to think about divorce when they're getting married, but we all know the statistics. About half of marriages don't make it, and it's no secret that divorce can be messy and contentious. A prenuptial agreement is an insurance policy against the worst-case scenario, even as you're looking to the future and hoping for the best. With a prenuptial agreement, you can:
- Protect premarital assets.
- Set expectations about income and assets earned during the marriage.
- Make special provisions for family assets and inheritances.
- Lay the groundwork for successful estate planning.
Don't Bet Your Future on a Free Template.
There are plenty of sites offering bargain basement deals on prenuptial agreements – but you get what you pay for. Marriage is a legal relationship, and if you get divorced, it could be the single largest financial transaction of your life. Cutting corners today could cost you dearly down the road. That's why you need experienced professional assistance.
Mediation is the simplest, most amicable way to get a prenuptial agreement. A professional mediator can guide both of you – together – through all the decisions that go into a well-planned prenuptial agreement, and then write up an agreement that's ready for you to sign.
Many people want individual legal representation in the process of getting a prenuptial agreement, whether or not they're working with a mediator. You can hire an attorney at any point – before starting out, during discussions, or to review an agreement before you sign it.
Rackham Karlsson is a Massachusetts attorney and mediator with a focus on family law, including prenuptial agreements. Here's what clients have to say:
- "Above and beyond expectations of a lawyer."
- "I never felt like I was just a case to him."
- "Steady, compassionate mediator."
- "He was extremely professional and straightforward... open and honest."
- "Very good at explaining legal matters succinctly."
Rackham provides prenuptial agreement services to all of Massachusetts. No matter how far you are from Cambridge, you can choose to work with Rackham in person, by phone, by email, or by videoconferencing.