You've heard the horror stories.
You know how awful divorce can be. A public, adversarial process that lays bare the most intimate details of your life in open court. Exorbitant legal fees, only to leave the final decisions about your family and finances in an overworked judge's hands. Hostility, broken communication, and the lost hope of preserving a meaningful post-divorce relationship.
Your divorce can be different.
You don't have to put your future in a judge's hands. You don't have to use a corrosive, adversarial process. You don't have to put your family and finances on public display. Collaborative divorce and mediation are private, respectful divorce processes. With professional support, you can create a mutually agreeable plan for the future, preserving your privacy and dignity in the process.
In mediation, a neutral facilitator guides you through the process of reaching agreements on all aspects of your divorce. Individual attorneys are recommended but not required.
Hope for the best, but plan for the worst. Prevent future conflict by reaching agreements today about what would happen to your income and assets in the unfortunate event of divorce.
Rackham Karlsson is a Massachusetts collaborative divorce attorney and mediator. His practice is entirely out of court and emphasizes private, respectful methods for reaching agreements, without resorting to litigation.
MEMBERSHIPS RELATING TO DISPUTE RESOLUTION
- Massachusetts Collaborative Law Council
- Massachusetts Council on Family Mediation
- International Academy of Collaborative Professionals
- Massachusetts Bar Association Section on Dispute Resolution
- Harvard Law School, JD
- Grinnell College, BA in Computer Science.
What clients are saying...
- "Above and beyond expectations of a lawyer."
- "I never felt like I was just a case to him."
- "Steady, compassionate mediator."
- "He was extremely professional and straightforward... open and honest."
- "I hope not to have to be in need of his services again, but would recommend Rackham Karlsson to anyone who needs his professional help."